Saturday, August 28, 2021

A big divergence between US and

China stock markets. I believe some convergence would take place sooner or later; what goes up would come down and vice versa. 

As mentioned in https://ainvestor.blogspot.com/2021/04/rebalance-local-portfolio.html, some of my fund has been reallocated to REITs and trusts for past few months, and they are currently sitting on about 41% of my local portfolio.

Divested some Capitaland @ $4.08.
Added SGX @ $10.08.
Added Keppel DC Reit @ $2.51.
Added Mapletree Log Tr @ $2.03.
Sold all ARKX @ US$20.82.
Divested most of ASHR @ US$37.90.
Divested some Palantir @ US$25 (via options).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My experience with China stocks for the past 25 years tell me that they're not for buy & hold. Maybe in the future. But for now, they are still to be traded --- I don't mean day trading -- can hold for months or even years, but always with an eye on exit plan.

Using a relative strength method to switch between US & China stocks, out of the last 118 months, I only spent total of 40 months overweight in China stocks.

My last overweight China holdings were from Apr 2020 to Apr 2021.

For buy and hold for the next 5-10 years, I rather go for Western Europe large cap stocks & US small/mid-cap stocks. They currently have better risk-adjusted prospects for the next decade.